There are several advantages of using the Smokeless Range® Simulator. The Smokeless Range® is the best and most diverse simulator for its price! It is easy to install, portable, capable of reading both red and infrared lasers. With the Smokeless Range®, users have the ability to utilize their own firearms, and practice and train with Laser Ammo’s recoil enabled training solutions. The Smokeless Range® Simulator can be used with a projector and a screen with a laptop computer, or on your LCD television.
Minimum and Recommended System Requirements:
- Click General Setup Database to visit the General Setup and Getting Started webpage
- Room with controlled lighting and no sunlight
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 PC that meets min. spec.
- Does not support running as Virtual Machine on a Mac
- Video projector capable of 1280x720 resolution and 2000 to 3500 ANSI Lumens. Please see the FAQ on Projector selection Projector FAQ (Please note that the size of the image and the ambient room light will also determine what is needed for a proper setup) (Cheap LED Projectors from Amazon and eBay will not work. They advertise high lumens but are really only about 80 ANSI Lumens)
- White (1.1 gain max) projection screen (no silver screens) or flat, non-glossy, white wall
- Recommended projected screen size 6 feet to 12 feet wide
- Red or infrared training laser
- If you need to extend the camera's USB cable you will need to use an active USB 2.0 extender. Non-active extenders will cause the USB signal to drop information and will not allow all the camera frames to reach the PC for processing.
- If using a TV you will need a material to lay flat over the screen Click Here for Material (Caution! Do not block any cooling vents on your TV with this material or you could overheat and damage your TV.)
- Computer preferred specifications for the Smokeless Range Pro listed below (advanced graphics, motions and sounds)
- Disk Space: 1-10GB (depending on add-ons)
- Minimum Processor: Intel i3 2.0 GHz or AMD A8 2.0 GHz with at least 2 cores and 4 threads better
- Memory: 8GB RAM DDR2
- Graphics: Intel HD or better (must support 1280x720 resolution)
- Output: HDMI, DVI or VGA port on PC, cannot connect the PC to the projector with a USB cable
The Smokeless Range software can invert the camera image so that the camera can be mounted on the ceiling. During setup, when in the live view of the calibration, there is a button above the live view image that says “invert”. This toggles the image orientation back and forth from floor to ceiling mode.
You can also right click on the camera icon in the system tray and access the test tracking screen to change the recoil tracking mode without having to re-calibrate the camera again. This will apply to users that have both the Spider and the Recoil enabled training pistols and want to switch back and forth from one to the other.
Summary: Computer Minimum Specifications
CPU - Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ 2.5GHz
Graphics Card - Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M
RAM - 8GB of RAM Memory
Computer Preferred Specifications for the Smokeless Range Pro:
(For advanced graphics, motions and sounds)
CPU - Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor 2.8GHz
Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060
RAM - 16GB of RAM Memory
- Additional Information
Patent Number No
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Awesome training and fun to use!
I use the Laser Ammo Smokeless Range and the SF25-PLTP M&P Training Pistol to conduct training for the Safety Team at my church. Coupled with the Video Scenario Trainer Pro software from the Laser Ammo website, these make for the best quality affordable judgmental shooting training I've found in 10 years of leading my team.
Using the Smokeless Range Software has enabled me to provide outstanding training on marksmanship and decisional shooting. Updated and new scenarios are provided free of charge! Personally speaking, my targets used to look a lot like a shotgun pattern. Now, after just a couple months of using the system, I'm clearing the center of my targets out, so it certainly translates from the laser pistol with no recoil to a real pistol at a shooting range. In addition to being awesome training, it's just plain fun to use!
- I like what I see.
- I downloaded the free trial version (mouse input only) and I am very impressed with the program, I am currently saving every penny I can to buy it. I wish it was more affordable so I could buy one for every member of my family.
- Very Pleased
After receiving the Smokeless Range I installed the software with ease. I was able to calibrate the camera that came with the purchase and I was ready to start training. Yes, within less than 15 min. training had begun. The software actually went beyond my expectations. There is so many different scenarios and options to increase your shooting experience. I took two of my kids and a friends kid to practice all scenarios to see if any problems would arise. That way I could work out any bugs before I start using it in my business for teaching firearms safety and Concealed Carry classes. To my surprise I noticed the children had started to improve on there shooting skills by the end of the day.
I would highly recommend the Smokeless Range for not just other firearms instructors but also anyone that would like to save money at home to practice before heading out to the range.
I would also recommend the purchase of the Open Range software as well. You can make your own course of fire from basic to the complex with ease.
I give this product 5 out of 5 stars and the price is not bad at all for the quality of the product you receive.
Height: 3 inches
Width: 9.5 inches
Depth: 7 inches
Weight: 2 pounds
You may also be interested in the following product(s)