This 3 in 1 combo package is the most popular among firearms trainers! The package includes:
- The Smokeless Range® (short throw camera included)
- Open Range (fully customizable range editor... if you can dream it, you can create it)
- VST-P (video scenario trainer/real life shoot-no shoot scenarios... you can also create your own videos & upload them into the system!)
There are several advantages of using the Smokeless Range® Simulator. The Smokeless Range® is the best and most diverse simulator for its price! It is easy to install, portable, capable of reading both red and infrared lasers. With the Smokeless Range®, users have the ability to utilize their own firearms, and practice and train with Laser Ammo’s recoil enabled training solutions. The Smokeless Range® Simulator can be used with a projector and a screen with a laptop computer, or on your LCD television.
A short-throw camera and short-throw projector can get closer to the screen. The original Smokeless Range ® camera ratio is 1:1.6. The ratio for the short-throw is 1:0.5. For example, if your screen size is 10 feet by 10 feet, with a regular camera, the camera and projector need to be ~16 feet away from the screen. With a short throw camera, you can be ~5 feet away from the screen.
The short-throw camera includes an infrared filter to assist with harsh lighting conditions.
- Additional Information
Patent Number No
Barcode: 858981006739Smokeless Range Minimum SpecificationsSetup Requirements:
Computer minimum requirements:
- Click here to see more setup detail in our General Setup Database
- Room with controlled lighting and No Sunlight and No harsh lights over screen or in the view of the camera.
- Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 PC that meets min. spec. (See below)
- Video projector capable of 1280x720 minimum resolution and 2000 to 3500 ANSI Lumens for an 8 ft to 12 ft wide image. Please see our FAQ on Projector selection here Projector FAQ (Please note that the size of the image and the ambient room light will also determine what is needed for a proper setup) (Cheap LED Projectors from Amazon and eBay will not work. They advertise high lumens but are really only about 80 ANSI Lumens)
- White (1.1 gain max) projection screen (No silver screen) or flat, non-glossy, white wall
- recommended projected screen size 8ft to 12ft wide (Note: A smaller than 8 ft wide image size may require lowering your projector brightness if it is over 3000 lumens.)
- 650nm Red or 780nm IR training laser
- If using a TV you will need this material flat over the screen Click Here for Material (Caution! Do not block any cooling vents on your TV with this material or you could overheat and damage your TV.)
- Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 PC built no earlier than 2015 (Does not run on a Mac) Windows 10 preferable.
- Graphics card that supports OpenGL 2.1 or higher.
- Processor: Intel i5-3320M Gen 3 and better or AMD Ryzen 5 APU with Vega GPU (not G model) and better.
- Processor Recommended: Intel i7 and better or AMD Ryzen 7 APU with Vega GPU and better.
- RAM Memory: 8GB RAM DDR2 or more
- Graphics Card: Intel HD or better (Must support a minimum of 1280x720 resolution)
- Disk Space: Minimum for just the Smokeless Range with no Add-ons is 500MB or more. The more add-ons you load the more space you will need. Example, VST Pro with 65 scenes needs 3GB of Hard Disk space.
- VST Pro and Smokeless Range add-ons require more hard drive space. It is recommended to have at least 10 gig of free space as a starting point, but this is dependant on how many videos you have loaded as well as how many Pro level add-ons you have loaded.
- USB 2.0 or 3.0 Port (Note: Only specific USB Extenders will work with the camera. Please visit our Knowledge Base and search USB to find a link to know good extenders.)
- HDMI or VGA port on PC for TV or projector connection (Cannot connect the PC to the Projector with a USB cable)