- Software License for Open Range 2.0 Add-On
*The Open Range is available only as an add on to the Smokeless Range®. Customers must have the Smokeless Range® and camera in order to use this software.
- Additional Information
Patent Number No
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- What an awesome and fun training platform!
I am so happy I purchased with the Laser Ammo Smokeless Range 2.0 training platform and even more so with the addition of the Open Range upgrade. The Smokeless Range is great for the new and experienced shooter alike. Building on the hand eye coordination and muscle memory in a safe low stress environment for the new shooter is fantastic. I use the system with my wife, daughters, and in-laws to help build their skills and confidence.
I combined the system with the recoil enabled Glock 17 and cannot believe the realism and shooting the steel targets is a hoot! I have a full steel shooting range on my property, and can say this is just as enjoyable. You see where you strike the target and get that satisfying bullet to steel sound. Stand up steel silhouette and plate targets fall as they are struck to give immediate visual feedback. I used a stand alone Taotronics 120” projection screen and ViewSonic 3600 Lumens WXGA High Brightness Projector with awesome results.
The Open Range upgrade give you numerous different shooting ranges with steel, paper, and mixed steel/paper targets. They have various enemy, clown, and zombie pop up/out targets that also add a bit of fun to the shoot. I was a bit nervous spending $400 on the Open Range upgrade… but it is worth every penny. I haven’t even begun to program my own ranges which is another awesome upgrade advantage that I need to take sit down and do. I cannot wait to place targets and build my own ranges for the system. During an ammo shortage, which we have so often lately, I only have to replace some CO2 cartridges and I’m shooting again. If you have had this in your cart and though about hitting the purchase button, but aren’t sure if it’s worth it….. it is!
Height: 1 inches
Width: 1 inches
Depth: 1 inches
Weight: 0.5 poundsSmokeless Range Minimum SpecificationsSetup Requirements:
Computer minimum requirements:
- Click here to see more setup detail in our General Setup Database
- Room with controlled lighting and No Sunlight and No harsh lights over screen or in the view of the camera.
- Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 PC that meets min. spec. (See below)
- Video projector capable of 1280x720 minimum resolution and 2000 to 3500 ANSI Lumens for an 8 ft to 12 ft wide image. Please see our FAQ on Projector selection here Projector FAQ (Please note that the size of the image and the ambient room light will also determine what is needed for a proper setup) (Cheap LED Projectors from Amazon and eBay will not work. They advertise high lumens but are really only about 80 ANSI Lumens)
- White (1.1 gain max) projection screen (No silver screen) or flat, non-glossy, white wall
- recommended projected screen size 8ft to 12ft wide (Note: A smaller than 8 ft wide image size may require lowering your projector brightness if it is over 3000 lumens.)
- 650nm Red or 780nm IR training laser
- If using a TV you will need this material flat over the screen Click Here for Material (Caution! Do not block any cooling vents on your TV with this material or you could overheat and damage your TV.)
- Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 PC built no earlier than 2015 (Does not run on a Mac) Windows 10 preferable.
- Graphics card that supports OpenGL 2.1 or higher.
- Processor: Intel i5-3320M Gen 3 and better or AMD Ryzen 5 APU with Vega GPU (not G model) and better.
- Processor Recommended: Intel i7 and better or AMD Ryzen 7 APU with Vega GPU and better.
- RAM Memory: 8GB RAM DDR2 or more
- Graphics Card: Intel HD or better (Must support a minimum of 1280x720 resolution)
- Disk Space: Minimum for just the Smokeless Range with no Add-ons is 500MB or more. The more add-ons you load the more space you will need. Example, VST Pro with 65 scenes needs 3GB of Hard Disk space.
- VST Pro and Smokeless Range add-ons require more hard drive space. It is recommended to have at least 10 gig of free space as a starting point, but this is dependant on how many videos you have loaded as well as how many Pro level add-ons you have loaded.
- USB 2.0 or 3.0 Port (Note: Only specific USB Extenders will work with the camera. Please visit our Knowledge Base and search USB to find a link to know good extenders.)
- HDMI or VGA port on PC for TV or projector connection (Cannot connect the PC to the Projector with a USB cable)